On a cold and cloudy day, billowing steam from the giant 2,250 megawatt coal-fired Navajo Generating Station gives the impression that this otherwise pristine desert landscape just outside Arizona’s Glen Canyon Recreation Area is really an industrial wasteland. On a clear day, though, the steam and fog dissipate to reveal majestic red rock buttes and a yellowish band of smog drifting downwind from the plant as far as the eye can see.
What our readers think
Where you can find us:
- Luang Prabang, Laos November 22, 2014 – December 1, 2014
- Hanoi, Vietnam December 1, 2014 – December 4, 2014
- Halong Bay, Vietnam December 4, 2014
- Hanoi, Vietnam December 5, 2014 – December 9, 2014
- Hoi An, Vietnam December 9, 2014 – December 16, 2014