On a cold and cloudy day, billowing steam from the giant 2,250 megawatt coal-fired Navajo Generating Station gives the impression that this otherwise pristine desert landscape just outside Arizona’s Glen Canyon Recreation Area is really an industrial wasteland. On a clear day, though, the steam and fog dissipate to reveal majestic red rock buttes and a yellowish band of smog drifting downwind from the plant as far as the eye can see.
What our readers think
Where you can find us:
- York, England September 1, 2014 – October 27, 2014
- London, England October 27, 2014 – November 3, 2014
- Overnight Flight November 3, 2014
- Bangkok, Thailand November 4, 2014
- Chiang Rai, Thailand November 5, 2014 – November 10, 2014