On a cold and cloudy day, billowing steam from the giant 2,250 megawatt coal-fired Navajo Generating Station gives the impression that this otherwise pristine desert landscape just outside Arizona’s Glen Canyon Recreation Area is really an industrial wasteland. On a clear day, though, the steam and fog dissipate to reveal majestic red rock buttes and a yellowish band of smog drifting downwind from the plant as far as the eye can see.
What our readers think
Where you can find us:
- New York, NY March 17, 2015 – April 29, 2015
- Vienna, Austria April 29, 2015
- Santorini, Greece April 30, 2015 – May 6, 2015
- Naxos, Greece May 6, 2015 – May 11, 2015
- Athens, Greece May 11, 2015 – May 14, 2015